Daquine – A Thread Raider Being Nostalgic

Hey all of you lovely people!  I thought I’d share some stuff with you in this very nostalgic blog entry on Thread Raiders!  At this point, I’m not really sure where I will be taking my posts, but we’ll all find out….together!

First and foremost, I’d like to take the time to thank you for visiting, and I hope that we, as Thread Raiders can provide some fun, interesting, and perhaps even clever entertainment for everybody!  I thought about perhaps wowing everybody with some incredible tid-bit or article on life, the universe and everything, but rather, I think the first post of the blog might be good to go back….go back to the past.

I was looking around on an older blog of mine (we’re talking February of 2009, almost 9 years ago) and thought I’d share the post with a new audience.  It’s all about my thoughts on Saturday morning cartoons and my love for them.  Oh, how I loved my Saturday morning cartoons.  They were grand!  Many my age will remember with fondness the awesomeness that was Saturday morning cartoons.
But fear of possibly repeating myself, I shall share with you my old nostalgic post of Saturday morning cartoons that I wrote all the way back on February 23, 2009.  Here we go….

Remembering Saturday Mornings Cartoons…

I was sitting at my computer looking through some pages on the internet called “You know you’re a child of the 80’s when…” lists.  I’m sure a lot of you have looked through lists like this.  Even though some might be different for some of you.  Instead of the 80’s, you may be a child of the 70’s or the 90’s.  What ever floats your boat.  But I for one, am a child of the 80’s.

Anyway, I was looking at a list, and noticed that one of the entries told about how cartoons were found ONLY on Saturdays.  This made me very nostalgic.  Back in the 80’s there were no cartoons being aired during the weekday,and there sure as heck wasn’t any freakin’ Cartoon Network.

As a child, I remember coming home from school on Friday, being thankful how great it was that the weekend was finally here.  Not only was it a break from the “horrors” of school, but I knew that tomorrow morning, I was going to get up at the butt crack of dawn and watch my Saturday morning cartoon!  It was great.  It was an absolute staple of my childhood, as I’m sure it is with many other kids of my era.  Watching shows like He-Man and Thundercats…wow.

Not long ago, I thought I would look through the TV listings and see what sort of shows kids were watching on Saturday mornings.  Needless to say I was just floored.  Most of the shows were either absolute crap, or shows you could catch during the weekdays.  The greatness was gone.  The excitement of waiting all week just to watch several hours worth of cartoons was gone.  Oh, what has this world come to?  I realize that is over-dramatic, but in some ways, it just feels wrong when I look at the stuff kids are watching nowadays on their Saturdays.  The excitement and coolness is gone.